Choosing the right Christmas Party Venue
Choosing the right venue for your company's Christmas celebrations can be a huge responsibility. Whether you are organising for ten guests or 1000, everyone's enjoyment of the evening usually rests on the shoulders of one person - the organiser.
Here are our tips to help you choose the right venue this year and make some potential savings;
- Start to research your options now. If you want the pick of the bunch you'll need to confirm your booking soon.
- Ensure that all aspects of the venue complement your brand and your party-goers - if the majority of your colleagues are mainly young men make sure your venue reflects this.
- Ensure you make at least one site visit and take a digital camera to record your visit. Make a note of how accurate the directions are and the time it takes to reach the venue from the office.
- Arrange your party date after you have chosen your venue. Most companies tend to go for a Thursday and Friday, so if you need to get a good deal go for a Tuesday or Wednesday
- Consider accommodation at, or near to, the venue, some guests may like to stay overnight and make the most of the occasion. Again if you're on a tight budget make sure the venue is close to budget accommodation.
- A venue which has a helpful and efficient manager will stand you in good stead in the run up to your event. When you're near to confirmation request a drink on arrival for all guests to be thrown in!
- Choose a venue that can provide as many of your needs as possible such as catering (make sure you organise a tasting session), AV, cloakrooms, furniture and tableware - fewer suppliers will make the management of the event much easier. Choosing a venue that already has a theme is also more cost effective.
- Choose a venue that suits your anticipated attendance figures - a full venue guarantees an excellent atmosphere.
- Make suitable provisions for post-event transport - whether coaches, cars or taxis - this is important if your event is to end on a high.
- Finally, make your Christmas party a cracker by spending some time on the detail - it's these small touches that can make your event one to remember. Ask some of your suppliers to sponsor the drinks or canapés - great way for them to build relationships and for you to save some pennies!